Saturday, January 30, 2016

Adobe ID Sucks!

I run a nearly all-Linux household, save for a few smattering of iPhones, Macbook Pros, and IOT devices (all 51 of them)

And just upgraded an old Dell laptop to XFCE4 Debian 8 (yeah, mighty 2GB of memory).

A visit to Facebook using Iceweasel (a free web browser) resulted in a popup of Adobe Player being badly in need of an upgrade.

Heading over to Adobe.Com, as usual ..I have forgotten my password.   No problem.  Send myself a new password.   *YOU-HAVE-MAIL*   Cut-n-paste the link to a new browser tab.

And proceeded to enter in new password, I typed in:
  • at least one lowercase, 
  • at least one UPPERcase, 
  • at least one SYMBOL.... 
  • Made sure that my password contains no parts of my email address...
and Viola!  UH?


What on earth is this?  Let me reiterate what the screenshot of Adobe ID said:

"Your password needs to: not include your name or email address."

There's no way to contact Adobe ID at this point.  Browsing their support website leads me to a dead-end (ending with this link).

Adobe ID Sucks!

3 comments:

  1. I have this issue too, did you ever resolve it? How? It's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this issue too, did you ever resolve it? How? It's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, its 2019 and the ridiculous problem still exists! Terrible coding standards within Adobe to not handle such a simple thing properly!

    If anyone has figured out how to make it work - please inform here!

    ReplyDelete